- Continuous sync – no buttons to click
- Syncs receipts even after expenses have been approved
- Customisable expenses categories
- Support for tracking
- Rebill to customers
- Easy data export
Expend is not just a payment card. It also supports non-card expenses such as cash reports, mileage claims and reimbursable expenses. This includes:
- Multiple lines per expense, multiple legs per trip (mileage)
- Tracking categories on a line level
- Rebill individual lines to a customer
- Attach multiple files, receipts and images to an expense
Organisations and Roles
- Set up multiple organisations
- Link a user to any number of organisations
- Switch between organisations in the dashboard and in the Expend app
- Users can have different roles in each organisation
Not all integrations are equal. Most require manual button clicking and the hassle of updating data in your accounting software when something changes.
- Payments from Expend card sync to your accounting package (Xero, QuickBooks etc.) immediately and your data is always up to date
- Unlike others, we update your accounts if the exchange rate changes between authorisation and clearing – no need for manual correction
- Only one account to reconcile for all Expend cards
- Automated bank feeds statements in Xero
Expend Card and Account Features
- A single business current account for all expenses
- Multiple cards per business
- Move money between Expend Balance Card and the business account
- Expend Flex Card shares the business account balance, with customisable spending policies
- Optionally disable contactless, magstripe or internet transactions
- Push notifications on every transaction
- Card balance displayed in the Expend app
- Expenses automatically created every time the card is used
Feature-rich but super simple expense management
We do the heavy lifting so you can get on with doing the work that really matters.
Expend makes it really easy and quick to review expenses. We have an efficient review tool, that shows the queue of expenses, a preview of any attachments and the ability to edit, review and approve all in the same place. This is the single place for a manager or bookkeeper to do their day-to-day work.
- Simple queue showing expenses to review
- Filters to select expenses by status, type and member
- Receipts and attachments are displayed on the same page
- Request changes from members – they receive an email message with feedback
- Quick Edit feature
- Review all expense types in one place
Reimbursable Expenses and Expense Claims
- Create reimbursable expense claims from the Expend dashboard or the Expend app
- After approval of a reimbursable expense, Expend adds a bill in your accounting software for the team member
- The company sees how much needs to be reimbursed
- The business has full visibility of reimbursable expenses, the approval process and how much is owed to employees
- Instant repayment of expenses
- Track money taken out at cash machines in the correct currency
- Report on how much cash members have
- Add cash receipts against the balance and complete expense reports
- Return unused cash to the business
- Maintains a petty cash account in Xero and Quickbooks
- Automatically record transactions and update them with cash expense reports
A Cross-Platform Solution
A powerful suite of tools to make your life easier and your business more efficient.
- Smart Expend Mastercard® to manage and control employee spending. Define spending policies and shared budgets with real-time insight, reports and accounting automation.
- Your own Business Current Account. Fund your employee expense cards with your own business current account. Includes bank number, sort code and Faster Payment support.
- Android and iOS mobile apps for on-the-go accounting. See transactions and submit expenses, receipts, mileage and claims instantly.
- Dashboard to see everything in one place as it happens. Manage teams, accounting integrations, issue cards, review expenses, view usage data, setup spending budgets and more.