This document details the Terms and Conditions for Expend (Expend Limited). Expend’s services, products, and web site are collectively referred to in this document as the “Services”.
Acceptance of Terms
- Before using our Services, you must accept the Terms, and you may not use the Services if you do not accept these Terms.
- There are two ways to accept the Terms: Firstly by accepting the Terms whenever Expend makes this available to you (i.e. this may be during the registration) and secondly; by using our Services in any capacity.
- When you start using our Services, Expend will assume that you have accepted the Terms. Once you use our Services you are bound by the Terms until you terminate your relationship with Expend.
Privacy and Personal Information
Provision of Services by Expend
- Expend shall provide and perform any and all of the Services to you. Expend may change its Services or add new features in the future. Expend may sub-contract or assign the provision of any and all of the Services. By agreeing to the Terms, you acknowledge and agree that the form and nature of the Services may change without prior notice to you.
- You acknowledge and agree that Expend may suspend or discontinue, without prior notice to you and at the sole discretion of Expend, some or all of its Services, making the Services unavailable to you or other users. If Expend deems it necessary to discontinue the services it provides due to the highly unlikely event of the Company’s closure, you will receive at least 7 days notice before your account is closed. You are not required to inform Expend if you stop using the Services, and may stop using the Services at any time.
- You acknowledge and agree that if Expend disables access to your account, you may not be able to use the Services or access your account details, files or other content that may be contained in your account.
- Expend has not set an upper limit on how many transmissions you may send or receive through the Services or how large the transmissions may be, but you agree that Expend can set these limits at any time, at Expend sole discretion.
- Expend may remove any Content or user accounts at any time and for any reason at the sole discretion of Expend.
- You acknowledge and agree that Expend is not an accounting service and, whilst we strive to attain extremely high levels of accuracy, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or correctness of the information extracted from your documents. You agree that you will manually check the accuracy and correctness of the data entered by Expend before using this data.
Use of the Services by You
- In order to gain access to certain services, you may be required to give Expend information about yourself. You agree that you will only provide us with information that is accurate, correct, and up to date.
- You shall be required to register with Expend or one of our approved partners and select a password before being allowed to access the Service.
- You agree to use the Services only for purposes that are permitted both by the Terms and by any applicable law, regulation, or generally accepted practices or guidelines in relevant jurisdictions.
- You agree to only access (or try to access) and use the Services through interfaces provided by Expend. You shall not access (or try to access) and use any of the Services through any automated means, including, but not limited to, scripts, robots, or web crawlers.
- You agree not to use or attempt to use another user’s account.
- You agree not to impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent yourself, your personal information, or your affiliations with any person or entity.
- You shall not upload, post, transmit, store, or otherwise make available content that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs that could interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of the computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment of Expend, its users or is partners.
- You shall not upload post, transmit, store, or otherwise make available content that is pornographic or otherwise explicit in nature.
- Expend reserves the right to remove any and all explicit content at its sole discretion.
- You agree that you will not submit any content containing information or materials relating to your or anyone else’s medical conditions or care and from which an individual can be identified. You further agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless
- Expend and its officers, directors, agents and, employees for any violation of any health insurance legislation.
- You agree not to reproduce, copy, sell, trade, or resell all or any part of the Service for any purpose, including merchandise and hardware sold through the Company.
- You agree that you are solely responsible for any breach of your obligations under the Terms and for the consequences of any such breach.
- Expend has no responsibility to you or to any third party for such breaches or the consequences of such breaches (including losses or damage that Expend may incur).
- You agree to be responsible for keeping your passwords associated with your Expend account secret and secure. Expend may be able to help you retrieve lost passwords, but may not be held responsible or liable if it cannot help locate or reset a lost password.
- You agree that you will be solely responsible for all activities that occur under your account, whether you are aware of them or not.
- If you become aware of any unauthorised use of your password or account, you agree to notify Expend via e-mail to this address as soon as possible.
- You must be at least 16 years old to be allowed to register and use the Service. If you are not at least 16 years old, you shall not attempt to register.
- Expend is a paid service whereby you mail receipts are processed into your online Expend account. You shall pay for (and in consideration of) Expend’s provision and performance of the Services. The amount of payment will vary depending on which Services you request. For an undefined period, Expend may operating a free trial for some of its Services.
- Expend may change the fees and charges in effect, or add new fees and charges from time to time, but you will be notified in advance if regular charges increase and will be required to opt-in to new pricing. If you are a Expend member when Expend charges change, you will have the option of staying on your payment plan.
- You may cancel your account at any time by sending an e-mail requesting account cancellation to email@example.com
- You may cancel your Expend account at any time and your recurring billing schedule will be ended at the defined period. You are responsible for charges already incurred up until your cancellation, including the pre-payment of the current month of service you have. Expend is unable to issue refunds after payment is received. Expend is unable to prorate Expend, so charges must be paid in full.
- Each Expend plan has a monthly limit as detailed during the signup process. If you go over your allotted allowance you may be charged accordingly.
- To ensure the fastest and most reliable service, we advise that before taking a photograph or scanning documents please flatten documents and focus your equipment accordingly.
- You may not send in receipts for another user. If Expend determines that you have sent in receipts for another user appropriate action may be taken. Usage of one Expend account by more than one person without consent of the original user may result in account termination without any full or partial refund.
- You acknowledge that Expend makes no guarantee whatsoever regarding scanning time or processing time. Expend is unable to predict delays, suspensions, or cancellations of services by third parties.
- Expend accepts no liability for loss, damage, or inconvenience resulting from third party products and services.
- If you scan illegible or damaged receipts they may not be processed correctly. You recognise that all receipts may not be entered correctly into your account.
- Expend does not guarantee the accuracy of automatically processed information
- Expend takes security very seriously and takes measures to protects your data including the usage of 256 bit SSL encryption.
- For your security, we advise you do not process receipts that have full credit card information printed on them or other sensitive data.
- You acknowledge that Expend service is provided “as is” and may not meet your expectations or requirements. In the extremely rare event that this should happen, Expend accepts no liability for any loss, damage, or inconvenience resulting from your use of the Services.
- You acknowledge and agree that Expend is the sole proprietor of all legal rights and titles to the Service, including, but not limited to, any intellectual property rights associated with the Service. This ownership applies whether or not those rights are registered and wherever in the world the rights may exist.
- You acknowledge and agree that some or all of the Content may be classified as confidential by Expend and that you shall not disclose such information without expressed, written consent from Expend.
- Expend acknowledges and agrees that it does not obtain rights, titles or interest from you on the Content that you submit, post, transmit, or otherwise make available. You agree that you are responsible for making sure your rights regarding the Content are protected and enforced and that Expend has no responsibility to protect or enforce them on your behalf.
- You shall not use any of Expend’s trade names, trade marks, service marks, logos, domain names and other distinctive brand features that are not in accordance with Expend’s expressed, written consent
- You shall not duplicate, change, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer, decompile, or attempt to obtain the source code of Expend’s software (in whole or in part).
- You shall not remove, obscure, or alter any proprietary rights notices that may be found attached to or as a part of some content.
Content in the Services
- You acknowledge and understand that all information (including data files, e-mails, computer software, advertisements, sponsored content and others), which you may have access to when using the Service, are the sole responsibility of the entity from which such content originated.
- Such information will now be referred to as the “content.”
- You may come across Content when using the Service that may be protected by intellectual property rights owned by entities who provide that Content. You may not modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create any derivative products or services (or parts of products or services) based on this Content.
- If you come across Content when using the Services that may be infringing a copyright, trademark, or patent claim, you agree to notify use of the potential infringement by e-mailing us here as soon as possible. Further, you agree to abide by the rules and guidelines set forth in Expend copyright policy. Expend reserves the right to pre-screen, review, filter, modify, flag, refuse, or remove any or all Content from any Service at any time, at the sole discretion of Expend.
- You understand that when using the Service, you may come across material that you find objectionable, offensive or indecent and that you are using the Service at your own risk.
- You agree that you are solely responsible any Content that you create, transmit or display when using the Service and are responsible for any consequences of such actions.
License from Expend
- When abiding by the Terms, Expend allows you to enjoy its Services at a monthly or annual cost (or sometimes free for certain Services during trial periods). This opportunity shall be referred to as the “License.” The personal, worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive License is for the sole purpose of allowing you to use and benefit from the Services.
- You shall not assign your rights (wholly or in part) to use the Service to another. You shall not agree to or allow another entity to have a security interest in or over your rights to use the Service, or otherwise transfer or trade any part of your rights to use the Service as detailed in the Terms.
Content License from You
- You will keep copyright and other rights you may already hold in Content that you submit, post, or otherwise make available via the Services.
- You understand that in regards to public facing information (i.e. comments on our website and posts via social media) Expend may re-transmit this Content over various public networks and in various media. i.e. We may use a customer review or piece of feedback. We will however not publish any identifiable information (i.e. the reviewers name) without first getting the permission of the individual.
Relationship with Expend
- Expend is a trading name of Expend Limited. Expend Limited is a limited company registered in England and Wales (registered number 08531792) with its registered office at International House, 1 St Katharine’s Way, St Katharine Docks, London, E1W 1UN.
- When you (“you,” or the “User”) use Expend’s services, products, and web site (collectively referred to in this document as the “Services”), you enter into a legal agreement with Expend. This page details the agreement and explains the terms of that agreement.
- When using the Services, the Terms form a legally binding agreement between you and Expend. Take time to read them carefully.
- Unless we agree with you in writing that your individual terms and conditions are somehow different from the ones outlined in this document (henceforth called the “Terms”), you are bound by this document when using the Services
- Expend maintains the right to change or replace the Terms at any time, at its sole discretion. You are responsible for checking and reviewing the Terms regularly to keep updated to any such changes.
Terminating Your Relationship with Expend
- Terms will continue to apply until the user or Expend terminates the relationship as explained below.
- Expend may terminate its legal agreement with you under several circumstances:
- If you have not adhered to any or all of the provisions in the Terms, or if it appears that you do not intend to or are unable to comply with the Terms. The decision of whether or not you intend to or are unable to comply will be solely at the discretion of Expend.
- If Expend is required to by law.
- If the partner that offered services to you in conjunction with Expend has ended its relationship with Expend.
- If the Service is no longer commercially viable for Expend.
- When the relationship between the User and Expend ends, all the legal rights, obligations and liabilities enumerated in the Terms shall be unaffected by the cessation.
- You acknowledge, agree and understand that you use the Service (including downloading Content) at your own risk and that the Service is provided by Expend “as is” and “as available” without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied.
- Expend does not guarantee that the Service will meet your requirements or expectations, that your use of the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or free from errors, that information obtained from the Service will be accurate or reliable or that defects in the software of the Service can or will be corrected.
- Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained when using the Service is obtained at your own risk. You will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or other device used to access the Service that happens as a result of the obtainment of any such Content.
- Information and advice received from Expend, its users, or its Content, whether oral or written, shall not constitute any warranty not expressed in the Terms.
Limitation of Liability
- Expend shall not be liable or responsible for any reliance you place on the completeness, accuracy, or existence of website content or other representations made by partners and third parties or the outcomes of relationships and transactions you may have with partners and third parties.
- Expend shall not be liable or responsible for any changes Expend makes to its Service, for any permanent or temporary restrictions or cessations of the Service, or for any harm this may cause you.
- Expend shall not be liable or responsible for the deletion of, corruption of, or failure to store any Content or other data used in or maintained by the Services and you are advised to maintain your own records and copies of Content.
- Expend shall not be liable or responsible for your failure to provide correct, accurate, and up-to-date account information.
- Expend shall not be liable or responsible for your failure to keep your password and account information secure.
Trademarks and Other Content
- Expend graphics, logos, designs, icons, scripts, service names, other intellectual material and registered trademarks are owned by us, trademarks or trade dress of Expend in the U.K. and/or other countries. They may not be used in connection with any product or service that is likely to cause confusion.
- The Service may include hyperlinks to other web sites or other content . Expend is not responsible for the content or availability of these third-party content. Expend does not necessarily endorse any advertising, products or other materials featured, or available on other web sites or content.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You agree that Expend may send you notices via e-mail, regular mail, or alerts within the Services.
- If it is decided in a court of law that one or several of the Terms (or any part of a Term) are in violation of the law, those terms will be changed or deleted as appropriate, but the others will remain as unmodified Terms.
- Unauthorised use of our services may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- You agree to use all reasonable endeavours to resolve any dispute in relation to the Services, including speaking to us and trying to resolve the matter, our contact details are on the Expend website, before issuing any legal proceedings.
- This notice will be governed by and construed in accordance with English law, and any disputes relating to this notice shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
Expend Prepaid MasterCard® Terms and Conditions Valid as of June 1st 2016
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: These are the terms & conditions of the agreement between us, Prepaid Financial Services Ltd, 4th Floor, 36 Carnaby Street, London, W1F 7DR and you, the person entering into the agreement. Please read this Agreement carefully before activating or using your card or account. The terms of this Agreement and fees shall apply to all Customers.
Expend KYC/Identify Check
- Regulations require all companies issuing payment cards to perform identify/kyc (know your customer) verification on applicants. This is done to combat fraud. Expend will utilise popular third party ID checking services to do this in the form of a “soft” identify search. This search won’t effect your credit rating. These soft searches leave a generic identity footprint so that the individual can see if a check has been performed. This is not a credit check and will not effect the credit rating.
- Definitions & Interpretation
|“Account”||a non-deposit non-interest bearing pre-paid electronic account associated at times to a Card which is maintained for the sole purpose of enabling Transactions;|
|“Additional Prepaid MasterCard Card”||where applicable any additional card which is issued to a person any time after the successful registration of an Account;|
|“Additional Prepaid Cardholder”“Anonymous Prepaid Card||where applicable a person who holds an Additional Card;a prepaid non-personalised card that can be used subject to specified Card limits on loading, transactions and redemption;|
|“Authorised”“ATM”||act of authorising a Transaction by using the Card together with (i) the PIN Code or with (ii) the CVC Code and expiry date or with (iii) the signature of the Cardholder;An automated teller machine is an electronic telecommunications device that enables Customers to perform financial transactions, particularly cash withdrawal, without the need for a human cashier, clerk or bank teller. Most ATMs identify the Customer by the Customer inserting the Card with a magnetic stripe or a plastic smart card with a chip that contains a unique card number and security information such as an expiration date or CVC2 or CVV. Authentication is provided by the customer entering a personal identification number (PIN).|
|“Available Balance”“BIC code(s)”“Business Day”||the value of unspent funds loaded onto your Account and available to use;Bank Identifier Code means a standard format code managed by SWIFT now called Business Identifier Codes (BIC) which is used to uniquely identify banks and financial institutions globally – it who and where they are. This code is used when transferring money between banks, in particular for international wire transfers or SEPA payments.Monday to Friday, 0900hrs to 1800hrs CET, excluding bank and public holidays in the UK|
|“Customer”“Direct Debit”“EEA”“E-money”“E-Wallet”“Fee”||the person who has applied successfully for a Payment Service and who has been issued at least one Card by us for Card payments or IBAN account details. The Customer is the legally and financially responsible person to whom we provide the Payment Services;|
A facility available for UK registered Accounts only whereby an instruction from Customer is sent to Prepaid Financial Services, authorising an organisation the Customer wishes to pay, to collect varying amounts from your account at periodic intervals.
The European Economic Area provides for the free movement of persons, goods, services and capital within the internal market of the European Union (EU) between its 28 member states, as well as three of the four member states of the European Free Trade Association (EFTA): Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.
Electronic money is monetary value, the digital equivalent of cash, issued by an e-money institution and stored on or allocated to an electronic device issued and usable for payments.
A payment account issued by Prepaid Financial Services in favor of certain Customers, mostly corporate, permitting the receipt of funds for the loading of Cards and manage Card program related expenses.
the price paid by the Customer for the Payment Services
|“IBAN”“Know Your Business”Know Your Customer”||An IBAN, or International Bank Account Number is part of a new international standard that has been adopted as part of the SEPA (Single Euro Payments Area) agreement. IBAN) is an internationally agreed system of identifying bank accounts across national borders to facilitate the communication and processing of cross border transactions with a reduced risk of transcription errors. It has been implemented by most European countries and many countries in the other parts of the world,Know Your Business due diligence checks on corporate entities, their directors and beneficial owners as per Anti-Money Laundering regulatory requirementsKnow Your Customer – personal due diligence checks as per Anti-Money Laundering regulatory requirements|
|“Limitation Period”||Where applicable means the period of 6 years following termination of this Agreement;|
|“Merchant”||a retailer or any other person that accepts e-money by virtue of a Merchant account with an acquirer or a payment services provider.|
|“Payment Services”“SEPA”“Simplified Due Diligence”“SWIFT”||means all payment and e-money services and any related services available to the Customer through the use of the Account and/or Card;the Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA) is a paymentintegration initiative of the European Union to help simplify the process of bank transfersa means of self-certification for the registration of personal details associated with a Card or Account. [SDD]. SDD Cards are subject to lower annual load and ATM limits than KYC validated Cards or Accounts.The Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication provides a network that enables financial institutions worldwide to send and receive information about financial transactions in a secure, standardised and reliable environment|
|“Systems and Schemes”||the Scheme being MasterCard or Visa as shown on your Card or Account; Systems being the processor.|
|“Transaction”“Virtual Account”||realising or attempting to make: (i) a payment, or a purchase of goods or services from a Merchant where payment is made (in whole or in part) by use of the Payment Services, including where payment is made over the internet, by phone or mail orderA prepaid Virtual Account issued by us enabling the Customer to make Card-not-present (CNP) transactions after sufficient funding of the Virtual Account.|
|“we”, “us” or ‘our”||Prepaid Financial Services Limited as the e-money issuer and regulated entity;|
|“you” or “your”||The Customer and/or any person who has been provided with a Card by the Customer for use in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.|
2. Contact Us
Your Card or Account can be managed online at www.expend.io, via the Expend mobile app,via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone to +44 (0)203-828-7711. To report your Cards lost or stolen please call +44 (0)203-828-7711 or email email@example.com . At any time during the contractual relationship you shall have the right to receive, on request, these terms and conditions free of charge.
3. Your Agreement with Us
- The issuer for Your Expend Prepaid MasterCard Card and provider of the Payment Services is Prepaid Financial Services Limited. [PFS]. PFS is registered in England and Wales under Company Registration Number is 6337638. Registered Office: 4th Floor, 36 Carnaby Street, London, W1F 7DR.
- PFS is authorised and regulated as an e-money issuer by the Financial Conduct Authority registration number 900036.
- Details of the PFS authorisation licence by the Financial Conduct Authority is available on the public register at http://www.fsa.gov.uk/register/2EMD/2EMD_MasterRegister.html
- Prepaid Financial Services Limited acts as the programme issuer.
- Expend (Expend Limited) is the programme manager and is registered in England with registered office: Expend, Shack 15, First Floor, 67-71 Shoreditch High Street, London, England, E1 6JJ, UK.
- Prepaid Financial Services Limited is licensed as a principal member with the Scheme. MasterCard is a registered trademark of MasterCard International Incorporated.
- These terms and conditions govern the relationship between us and you for the provision of the Payment Services by us to you. This Agreement also contains important warnings and information that may affect your rights and your ability to recover your money. By activating your Account, you shall be deemed to have accepted and fully understood the terms and conditions set out in this Agreement and you agree to comply with these by your use of the Card and/or by indicating your acceptance.
- Your Card is not a credit card and is not issued by a bank. Regardless of the type of Card(s) you have, you will have only one Account where your Available Balance is located.
- Your Payment Services may not be activated unless we have been provided with the required information so that we may identify you and can comply with all applicable KYC and anti-money laundering requirements. We shall keep records of such information and documents in accordance with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
- Reference to a currency (e.g. Euros € or Sterling £) shall mean that amount or the local currency equivalent in which your Card is denominated.
- The Available Balance on your Card and/or Account will not earn any interest.
- The Payment Services are prepaid payment services and not a credit or bank product, you must therefore ensure that you have a sufficient Available Balance to pay for each purchase, payment that you make using the Payment Services (including value added tax and any other taxes, charges and fees that are applicable). If for any reason a Transaction is processed and the Transaction amount exceeds the Available Balance, you must repay us the amount of such excess immediately and we shall be entitled to stop any existing or subsequent Transactions from proceeding.
- This Agreement does not give you any rights against a System and or Scheme, its affiliates or any third party.
- Only persons over 18 years of age are entitled to register for the Payment Services.
4. Service Limits & Direct Debits
- Transactions may be restricted by Card or Account type, individual usage patterns and payment risk profiles. For anti-money laundering and anti-fraud reasons we reserve our rights to change particular payment restrictions (including from those published or included herein) without notice and to the extent required to meet our regulatory obligations
- Simplified Due Diligence may be restricted to domestic ATM access, along with reduced annual maximum load limits and capped annual withdrawal limits. These limits will be subject to Scheme and regulatory requirements.
- When sending funds to your account with us, we recommend that senders use the SEPA transfer payment method to send funds to your individual account associated IBAN . If this is not an available option you are responsible for checking all of the details and references when sending funds as we will not be responsible to do so
- We cannot be held liable for the payment process or fees associated with bank(s) and or intermediary bank(s) to process payments from you to us. Any fee(s) charged to us, not limited to receiving, processing or crediting a payment for you will be deducted by us before crediting the remaining balance to you.
- You are responsible for checking and confirming payment details and fees before making a payment to us.
- PFS will credit payments received to your account at least once a day and before the end of the business day (Monday – Friday only). PFS will process payments received after the cut off period will be processed the next working day and you will hold PFS free and clear from any responsibility is this regard.
- E-Wallets accounts that are allocated to corporate clients are subject to KYB approval. Funds will be received and automatically credited to the E-Wallet corporate account.
- PFS reserve the right to suspend the E-Wallet service for misuse.
- Corporate clients will be responsible for sending PFS evidence of source of funds in order for us to meet our regulatory requirements.
- Where so enabled you may change your PIN at select ATM’s subject to a Fee.
- Where enabled, you may be eligible to instruct companies to create regular Direct Debits from your UK issued and registered Account. You will be responsible for ensuring that the correct details are provided in order for the Direct Debit to be created for you. You must ensure at all times that you have a sufficient balance on your account to allow for the funds to be debited from your account. You are responsible for checking the terms and conditions that have been provided to you by the Direct Debit originator. PFS and/or Expend (Expend Limited), reserve(s) the right to decline or terminate any Direct Debit instruction(s) that you have requested.
- You may incur a charge for unpaid Direct Debits if there are not enough funds in your account to pay an incoming Direct Debit request
- You accept responsibility for cancelling any Direct Debit on your Account with the originator directly. PFS and Expend (Expend Limited) will not be able to do this on your behalf and cannot accept liability for any losses due to none or late cancellation
- Use of the Services
- You can use the Payment Services up to the amount of the Available Balance for Transactions at Merchants of the relevant System up to the amount of the balance. If the Available Balance is insufficient to pay for a Transaction, some Merchants will not permit you to combine use of a Card or Account with other payment methods.
- The value of each Transaction and the amount of any fees or charges payable by you under this Agreement will be deducted from the Available Balance.
- Once a Transaction is authorised it cannot be withdrawn. Within the EEA we will ensure transfer of the payment to the payment service provider of the Merchant within three Business Days. If the payment service provider of the Merchant is located outside the EEA, we will effect payment as soon as possible.
- In order to protect you and us from fraud, Merchants will seek electronic authorisation before processing any Transaction. If a Merchant is unable to get an electronic authorisation, they may not be able to authorise your Transaction.
- We may refuse to authorise any use of the Payment Services which could breach these terms and conditions or if we have reasonable grounds for suspecting that you or a third party have committed or are planning to commit fraud or any other illegal or un-permitted use of the Payment Services.
- Your ability to use or access the Payment Services may occasionally be interrupted, for example if we need to carry out maintenance on our Schemes. Please contact Customer Services via our website to notify us of any problems you are experiencing using your Card or Account and we will endeavour to resolve any problem.
- Where applicable, the Customer may apply to us for up to 3 Additional Cards, for use by Additional Cardholders on your account. Additional Cardholders for whom you are legally responsible must be 13 years of age or older. All other Additional Cardholders must be 18 years of age or older. It is a condition of any registration for an Additional Card that you, as the Customer, acknowledge that we accept no responsibility or liability of any kind whatsoever for use of any Additional Card by any Additional Cardholder for Transactions not authorised by you. If you successfully register, we will send you an Additional Card, for which we will charge an Additional Card Fee. Upon receipt of the Additional Card, you may give the Additional Card to the Additional Cardholder for their use, subject to:
- you providing them with a copy of these terms and conditions (which will then bind use by both of you);
- the Additional Card then being used only by that person;
- you retaining the Primary Card;
- you informing the Additional Cardholder that you have retained the Primary Card and that you are still able to use the Account;
- us obtaining such further information and documentation in order to enable us to comply with all applicable KYC and anti-money laundering requirements.
- You (the Customer) will remain responsible for the use of the Payment Services, and for any fees and charges incurred by the Additional Cardholder(s), and you will continue to be regarded as the holder of any funds already or subsequently loaded on the Account. The use of a Card in relation to which an Additional Cardholder has been registered will be regarded as confirmation that you have provided the Additional Cardholder with these Terms and Conditions.
6. Condition of Use at Certain Merchants
- In some circumstances we or Merchants may require you to have an Available Balance in excess of the Transaction amount. For example, at restaurants you may be required to have 15% more on your Card than the value of the bill to allow for any gratuity or service charge added by the restaurant or you.
- In some circumstances Merchants may require verification that your Available Balance will cover the Transaction amount and initiate a hold on your Available Balance in that amount, examples include rental cars. In the event a Merchant places a pre-authorisation on your Account, you will not have access to these funds until the Transaction is completed or released by the Merchant which may take up to 30 days.
- If you use your Card at an automated fuelling station, subject to Merchant acceptance, your Card may need to be pre-authorised for a pre-determined amount in the relevant currency. If you do not use the whole pre-authorisation or do not have Available Balance to obtain a pre-authorisation, it is possible that the pre-authorised amount will be held for up to 30 days before becoming available to you again.
- Some Merchants may not accept payment using our Payment Services. It is your responsibility to check the policy with each Merchant. We accept no liability if a Merchant refuses to accept payment using our Payment Services.
7. Managing & Protecting Your Account
- You are responsible for your Card, any Username, PIN number and Account passwords. Do not share your Card or Account security details with anyone.
- You must keep your Account, PIN, Username and Password safe, and separate from your Card or any record of your Card number and not disclose it to anyone else. This includes:
- memorising your PIN as soon as you receive it, and destroying the post mail or other authorised communication used to transmit it to you;
- never writing your PIN on your Card or on anything you usually keep with your Card;
- keeping your PIN secret at all times, including by not using your PIN if anyone else is watching;
- not disclosing your PIN to any person.
- The user of the Card(s) must sign the signature strip on any Personalised Card immediately when received.
- Card activation and PIN retrieval. Your card will be activated when you first retrieve your PIN. You can retrieve your PIN using the Expend mobile app. Within the settings menu click “Retrieve my PIN” and follow the on screen instructions.
- The Payment Services may only be used by the Customer.
- You must not give the Card to any other person or allow any other person to use the Payment Services. You must keep the Card in a safe place.
- Failure to comply with clause 7.2 may affect your ability to claim any losses in the event that we can show that you have intentionally failed to keep the information safe or you have acted fraudulently, with undue delay or with gross negligence. In all other circumstances your maximum liability shall be as set out below at clause 14.
- If you believe that someone else knows your Account or Card security details, you should contact us immediately.
- Once your Card or your Account has expired or if it is found after you have reported it as lost or stolen you agree to destroy your Card by cutting them in two through the magnetic strip.
8. Identity Verification
- If you enter into Transactions over the internet, some websites require you to enter your name and address. In such cases you should supply the most recent address which has been registered with us by the Customer as the Account address. The Account address is also the address to which we will send any correspondence.
- You must notify us within 7 days of any change in the Account address or your other contact details. You can notify us by contacting Customer Services who may require you to confirm such notification in writing. You will be liable for any loss that directly results from any failure to notify us of such a change as a result of undue delay, your gross negligence or fraud. We will need to verify your new Account address and shall request the relevant proofs from you.
- We reserve the right at any time to satisfy ourselves as to your identity and home address (for example, by requesting relevant original documents) including for the purposes of preventing fraud and/or money laundering. In addition, at the time of your application or at any time in the future, in connection with your Account, you authorise us to perform electronic identity verification checks directly or using relevant third parties.
- Cards are issued in accordance with regulatory limits and conditions. Full card limits are usage for cards can be found on our website.
9. Cancelling Services
- If you are the Customer and you wish to cancel the Payment Services at any time, you must request cancellation online by informing us of your wish to cancel and to claim a refund of your unused funds by emailing us as specified in section 2 above. You must e-mail us from the e-mail address you provided when registering your Account. Our Customer Services department will then suspend all further use of your Payment Services.
- Once we have received all the necessary information from you (including KYC) and all Transactions and applicable fees and charges have been processed, we will refund to the you (Customer)any Available Balance less any fees and charges payable to us, provided that:
- you have not acted fraudulently or with gross negligence or in such a way as to give rise to reasonable suspicion of fraud or gross negligence; and
- We are not required to withhold your Available Balance by law or regulation, or at the request of the police, a court or any regulatory authority.
- Once the Payment Services have been cancelled, it will be your responsibility to destroy the Card(s) that were provided to you under the Payment Services.
- If, following reimbursement of your Available Balance, any further Transactions are found to have been made or charges or fees incurred using the Card(s) or we receive a reversal of any prior funding transaction, we will notify you of the amount and you must immediately repay to us such amount on demand as a debt.
10. Right to Cancel (“Cooling-Off’)
You have a right to withdraw from this Agreement under the following conditions:
- where you purchased the Payment Services by mail order, internet, fax, digitally or by email then you have a “Cooling Off” period of 14 days beginning on the date of the successful registration of your Account to withdraw from this Agreement and cancel the Payment Services, without any penalty but subject to deduction of any reasonable costs incurred by us in the performance of any part of the provision of services before you cancel. You must contact us within this 14 day period and inform us that you wish to withdraw from this Agreement and you must not use the Payment Services. We will then cancel the Payment Services and reimburse the amount of Available Balance on the Account to the Customer. However, we reserve the right to hold Available Balance for up to 30 business days from receipt of your instructions before returning the balance, to ensure that details of all transactions have been received.
- After the Cooling Off period you may only cancel the Payment Services as described in clause 9 Above.
11. Expiry & Redemption
- Your Card has an expiry date printed on it. The funds on your Account will no longer be usable following the expiry date of the most recent Card that was issued under the Account (“Expiry Date”).
- The Payment Services and this Agreement shall terminate on the Expiry Date unless you request or are issued with a replacement Card prior to the Expiry Date in accordance with clause 12.4 or unless we otherwise agree to continue providing Payment Services to you following the Expiry Date.
- You may not use your expired Card after the Expiry Date.
- If a Card expires before your Available Balance is exhausted, you can contact Customer Services to request a replacement Card, provided you do so 14 days before the Expiry Date and subject to payment of a fee (where specified).
- Notwithstanding any Expiry Date your funds are available for redemption by contacting us at any time before the end of the 6 years Limitation Period. After the 6 years Limitation Period your funds will no longer be redeemable to you.
- Provided that your request for redemption is made less than 12 months following the Expiry Date redemption will not incur any Late Redemption Fee. In the event that you make a request for redemption more than 12 months after the Expiry Date and before termination of the contract an Account Closure Fee may be charged (where specified).
- We reserve the right to issue you with a replacement for an expired Card even if you have not requested one. If you have not requested a replacement Card, you will not be charged a Card Replacement Fee.
- We shall have the absolute right to set-off, transfer, or apply sums held in the Account(s) or Cards in or towards satisfaction of all or any liabilities and fees owed to us that have not been paid or satisfied when due.
12. Termination or Suspension of Your Account
- We may terminate your use of the Payment Services with prior notice of at least 2 months.
- Your use of the Payment Services will be terminated following the Expiry Date in accordance with clause 11.2
- We may terminate or suspend, for such period as may reasonably be required, your use of the Payment Services at any time, without prior notice:
- in the event of any fault or failure in the data information processing system;
- if we reasonably believe that you have used or are likely to use the Payment Services, or allow them to be used, in breach of this Agreement or to commit an offence;
- if any Available Balance may be at risk of fraud or misuse;
- if we suspect that you have provided false or misleading information;
- By order or recommendation of the police or any relevant governmental or regulatory authority.
- If any Transactions are found to have been made using your Card after any action has been taken by us under clause 12.1, the Customer must immediately repay such amounts to us.
13. Lost or Theft of your Card
- You are responsible for protecting your funds as if they were cash.
- You should treat your funds like cash in your wallet and look after it accordingly. If you lose your card or it is stolen you may not be able to recover the funds on your account in just the same way as you would usually not be able to recover cash which you lose or which is stolen from you.
- If your Card is lost or stolen or if you think someone is using the Payment Services without your permission or if your Card is damaged or malfunctions:
- you must contact us as soon as possible and you must provide us with your Account or Card number and either your Username and Password or some other identifying details acceptable to us so that we can be sure we are speaking to you; and
- Provided we have obtained your consent to close the Account, we will then provide you with a replacement Card with a corresponding new Account loaded with an amount equivalent to your last Available Balance.
- You will be liable up to a maximum of the first €100 of losses arising from any unauthorised Transactions that take place prior to your notifying us of the loss or theft. If our investigations show that any disputed transaction was authorised by you, or you have acted fraudulently or with gross negligence (for example by failing to keep your Prepaid Card or PIN secure), we may reverse any refund made and you may be liable for any loss we suffer because of the use of the Prepaid Card. You will not be held liable for any losses once you have notified us of loss or theft unless we reasonably determine that you have acted in accordance with clause 15.1.ii. – in which case you shall be liable for all losses.
- Once we have been notified of any loss or theft, we will suspend the Payment Services as soon as we are able, to limit any further losses. We can only take steps to prevent unauthorised use of the Payment Services if you can provide us with the Account or Card number and Username and Password or if you can produce sufficient details to identify yourself and the relevant Account.
- Replacement Cards will be posted to the most recent Account address registered by the Cardholder. Failure to provide the correct address will result in a Card Replacement Fee.
- If you subsequently find or retrieve a Card that you have reported lost or stolen, you must immediately destroy the found Card by cutting it in half through the magnetic stripe and chip.
- You agree to help us, our agents, regulatory authorities and the police if your Card is lost, stolen or if we suspect that the Payment Services are being misused.
14. Our Liability
- Subject to clause 14.4;
- neither party shall be liable to the other for indirect or consequential loss or damage (including without limitation loss of business, profits or revenues), incurred in connection with this Agreement, whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise;
- we shall not be liable:
- if you are unable to use the Payment Services as set out or for any reason stated in clauses 4 and 9;
- for any fault or failure beyond our reasonable control relating to the use of the Payment Services, including but not limited to, a lack of Available Balance or fault in or failure of data processing Schemes;
- if a Merchant refuses to accept a Transaction or fails to cancel an authorisation or pre-authorisation;
- for the goods or services that are purchased with your Card;
- for any loss, fraud or theft that is reported more than 8 weeks following the event;
- where you acted with:
- undue delay
- fraudulently; or
- With gross negligence. (including where losses arise due to your failure to keep us notified of your correct personal details)
- To the fullest extent permitted by relevant law, and subject to clause 13.4, our total liability under or arising from this Agreement shall be limited as follows:
- where your Card is faulty due to our default, our liability shall be limited to replacement of the Card or, at our choice, repayment to you of the Available Balance;
- where sums are incorrectly deducted from your Available Balance due to our fault, our liability shall be limited to payment to you of an equivalent amount; and
- In all other circumstances of our default, our liability will be limited to repayment of the amount of the Available Balance.
- Nothing in this Agreement shall exclude or limit either Party’s liability in respect of death or personal injury arising from that party’s negligence or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- No party shall be liable for, or be considered in breach of this Agreement on account of, any delay or failure to perform as required by this Agreement as a result of any causes or conditions which are beyond such Party’s reasonable control and which such Party is unable to overcome by the exercise of reasonable diligence.
15. Refunds for Transactions
- A Transaction shall be considered to be unauthorised if you have not given your consent for the Transaction to be made. If you believe that a Transaction has been made without your consent you should contact us in accordance with clause 2.
- A claim for a refund of an authorised Transaction must be made within 8 weeks from the date on which the funds were deducted from your Available Balance. Within 10 Business Days of receiving your claim for a refund we will either refund the full amount of the Transaction or provide you with justification for refusing the refund.
- If you are not satisfied with the justification provided for refusing the refund or with the outcome of your claim for a refund, you may submit a complaint to us or contact the complaints authority as described in clause 16.
- Where any request, transaction, disputed transaction, arbitration or reversed transaction involves third party costs you remain liable for these and they will be deducted from your account or otherwise charged to you.
16. Payment Disputes
- We aim to provide customers with easy access to our customer services team who receive record, investigate and respond to complaints.
- We take complaints very seriously and value the opportunity they provide to assist us with reviewing the way we do business and helping us meet our customers’ expectations. Our primary aim is to resolve any complaints that you may have as quickly and effectively as we can and consequently have documented the steps to be taken below.
In the first instance, your initial communication will be with our Customer Care Team. We expect our Customer Care Team to respond to your complaint within five working days. You can contact our Customer Care Team using the details in clause 2. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone to +44 (0)203-828-7711
- If having received a response from our Customer Care Team you are unhappy with the outcome, please contact the Complaints Officer of Prepaid Financial Services Ltd, 4th Floor, 36 Carnaby Street, London, 4th Floor, 36 Carnaby Street, W1F 7DR directly in writing via email on email@example.com.
- If the Complaints Officer is unable to respond to your complaint immediately, you will receive confirmation that your complaint has been received and a formal investigation will be conducted. It is anticipated that you will receive a formal response of their findings within four weeks.
- If the Complaints Officer of Prepaid Financial Services Ltd is unable to resolve your complaint and you wish to escalate your complaint further, please contact the Financial Ombudsman Service at South Key Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, London, E14 9SR. Details of the service offered by the Financial Ombudsman Service are available at www.financialombudsman.org.uk
- You must provide us with all receipts and information that are relevant to your claim.
- If our investigation shows that we have incorrectly deducted money from your Available Balance, we shall refund the amount to you. If we subsequently establish that the refunded amount had been correctly deducted, we may deduct it from your Available Balance and may charge you an Investigation Fee. If you do not have sufficient Available Balance, you must repay us the amount immediately on demand.
- In relation to any dispute between the Cardholder and a Merchant, provided you are able to satisfy us that you have already made all efforts to resolve the dispute with the relevant Merchant, we will attempt to assist you so far as is reasonably practicable. We may charge you a Chargeback Processing fee as referenced in the Fees & Limits Schedule for any such assistance we may give you with any such dispute. If there is an un-resolvable dispute with a Merchant in circumstances where the Card has been used for a Transaction, you will be liable for the Transaction and will have to resolve this directly with the relevant Merchant.
17. Personal Data
- By agreeing to these terms and conditions, you acknowledge and agree to our processing of your personal data in this way.
- You have the right to receive certain information concerning the personal data we hold about you and to rectify such data where it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- If you have elected to opt in to receive email and SMS marketing, we may share your information with third parties so they can contact you directly by telephone or email about their products and services.
18. Changes to the Terms and Conditions
We may update or amend these terms and conditions (including our Fees & Limits Schedule). Notice of any changes will be given on the website or by notification by e-mail or by means of mobile device at least 2 months in advance. By continuing to use the Payment Services after the expiry of the 2 month notice period you acknowledge that you indicate your acceptance to be bound by the updated or amended terms and conditions. If you do not wish to be bound by them, you should stop using the Payment Services immediately in accordance with our cancellation policy (see clause 9).
- We may assign our rights, interest or obligations under this Agreement to any third party (including by way of merger, consolidation or the acquisition of all or substantially all of our business and assets relating to the Agreement) upon 2 month’s written notice. This will not adversely affect your rights or obligations under this Agreement.
- We do not intend that any of the terms of this Agreement will be enforceable by a person not a party to it, except that Schemes and their affiliates may enforce any right granted to it under this Agreement.
- Any waiver or concession we may allow you will not affect our strict rights and your obligations under this Agreement.
- You agree that you will not use the Payment Services in an illegal manner and you agree to indemnify us against any claim or proceeding brought about by such illegal use of the Payment Services.
- This Agreement and the documents referred to in it, constitute the entire agreement and understanding of the parties and supersede any previous agreement between the parties relating to the subject matter of this Agreement.
- All changes to the customer will be communicated by us. The most up to date terms and fees can be found on our website and your customer secure login area.
Your funds are safeguarded by law. In the event that Prepaid Financial Services became insolvent your e-money funds are protected against claims made by any other creditors.
21. Regulation & Law
- The Payment Services, Card and Account are payment products and not deposit, credit or banking products, as such they are not covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law and without affecting your legal rights as a consumer, this Agreement and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of England & Wales and the courts of England & Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to the same.
22. Expend Rights
Expend reserves the right to refuse any order, cancel any subscription and collect any outstanding fees. In certain cases, Expend may require a minimum subscription commitment from parties in order to proceed with fulfillment of an order.
23. Important Notes
Deposits to your Expend account via bank transfer
We don’t charge a fee for this but some banks do charge their own fees for bank transfers. If you are unsure please check with your bank.
Cash machine/ATM Withdrawals
We don’t charge a fee for this but some ATM’s do charge for withdrawing cash. Please check the ATM you use for information on any fees they charge.
Foreign exchange rate
The foreign exchange rate you are charged are based on the Mastercard exchange rate for the day the information on the transaction is received by us. You can find information on the Mastercard foreign exchange rates at https://www.mastercard.com/global/currencyconversion
Money & Wire Transfer Services
To reduce fraud, Expend restricts the use of using Money Order and Wire Transfer services such as Western Union. If you require the use of such services please contact Expend for more info.
Unusual usage and spending behaviour
To reduce fraud, Expend monitors unusual spending behaviour. In some circumstances, Expend may restrict a cards usage and/or funds until the appropriate investigations have been completed. Expend may require additional information to be provided to assist with such investigations. Expend reserves the right to cancel (without notice) any account and/or associated cards which have failed to meet the companies requested requirements or which Expend deem suspicious or unfit for purpose.
24. Active user policy
An active user is a cardholder who has had at least one transaction within their monthly billing cycle. All customers must have at least one chargeable monthly user subscription and are subject to a one-month minimum paid subscription term for each additional cardholder in their plan (after any free trial) before the active user policy takes effect.
25. Trials, Subscriptions and Payment
- There are no tie-ins and no minimum subscription period to the Expend service. Users can cancel anytime within their trial period. If you cancel after your trial period then you will only be charged for the current month billing cycle you are in. For example, if your membership renews on the 23rd of the month and you cancel on the 15th, you will only be charged up to the 23rd of the same month.
- Your subscription/trial start date will begin 14 days after you placed the card order or on the date you activate your card, whichever is sooner.
- Where possible, subscription and card usage fees will be charged against the customer’s debit card or via Direct Debit. These are the payment forms used to pay for the Expend service and not the Expend prepaid debit card provided to the customer. Exceptions include international usage fees which are charged to the company’s main Expend account (the funding account the prepaid debit cards are attached to).
- Users will be contacted during their free trial and asked to submit payment details, in the form of a Direct Debit mandate. If payment details are not provided by the end of the free trial and the user has not cancelled their subscription, the subscription fees may be taken from any Expend account credit. If the user has no available credit to fulfill owed fees the service may be cancelled at Expend’s discretion.
- In the event of non payment of the Expend fees the company has full discretion to suspend usage of the card and users access to the software. Outstanding fees may be charged against any credit the user’s account has.
- Monthly subscription is paid in advance for the following month’s service.
- Payments are taken on the 1st of the month and pay for the upcoming month in advance. If you join part way through the previous month, you will pay for the part of that month you joined, plus the next full month. As a result your first payment may be higher than your regular monthly payments thereafter.
- Where detailed, Expend will charge fees against the payment method provided, however we may charge against a users main account credit (funding account) if they have fallen into arrears on fee’s owed.
All listed prices are exclusive of VAT unless otherwise quoted.
27. Expend Plan Information
Expend Basic and Expend Business packages are subject to additional fees for certain transaction types. Info on this can be found here. Pricing of Expend Pro is subject to a fair use policy, info on this and ‘out of plan’ fees can be found here.
28. Fee and Limits Schedule
The latest Expend customer pricing and fair use policies can be found online. You can find the pricing for the Expend Basic and Business packages here, and the fair use and pricing policies for Expend Pro here.
In the event of a chargeback dispute (refer to 16.8 of this article) a processing fee of £15 (ex VAT) will be charged.
A cost of £15 is associated with refunding the money on an Expend card post the one month’s free trial. This only come into effect when a customer cancels their Expend account..
|Initial Load Minimum||£10.00|
|Initial Load Maximum||£1,000.00|
|Maximum Reload||No Limit|
|Maximum POS daily spend||£7,000.00|
|Max loads per day||3|
|Maximum ATM daily Withdrawal||£550.00|
|Max Load Amount Per Day||No Limit|
|Maximum Card Balance||£100,000.00|